Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Santa's Sleigh

I used a pattern from Jim Hankins, The Gentleman Crafter and immediately created my version.
Jim used pattern paper, I painted and repurposed an old FedEx shipping box.
I hand cut the sides of the sleigh and with multiple coats of acrylic red paint I set it to dry.

I measured and followed the back piece by using my On The Edge Sizzix Tim Holtz die to create the fancy back and front edges.

All sides, bottom and the secret seat/lift compartment were all hot glued in place.

I created the headlights by using snowflake brads
The license plate is also a Sizzix die that I glued to another piece of the re-purpose box.

The reins are made by threading the gold glitter cording through soem retired Stampin' Up hardware.
My video is available on YouTube you can click the link or watch it below.

No comments: