Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Engagement Card

I was commissioned to make a couple engagement cards, here is one of them.

The requester wanted a larger than A2 size, so I took the standard 8 1/2 x 11 piece of whisper white cardstock and scored it directly in half.
Took a sheet of red cardstock and run it through twice in the Cuttlebug Swirls folder
The layer under the vellum is black cardstock embossed with the lines folder from SU, click the picture to see the black embossing. On that black piece I adhered two embossed red hearts.
Proceeded to Hand Calligraphy the couples name onto the Vellum.
The ampersand sign is a retired Sizzix die and I glued it to the Vellum and a tiny heart as well.

To hide the glue on the vellum and to keep it altogether I glued and wrapped the satin white ribbon.

Pearls and or rhinestones may be added based on the buyers request.

No comments: